Trailblazer Games is on a mission to lead the biggest transformational wave ever seen in gaming. Do you, like us, believe that blockchain will bring new experiences never before seen or imagined in gaming?
We design and build games that fairly distribute the value created between community, developers, and investors, creating real-life value through true ownership of assets and a distributed revenue share model.
With more than $8 million in funding from leading investors like Play Ventures, Makers Fund, and Fabric Ventures, our fully remotely working team is looking for an experienced Backend Engineer to join our rapidly growing organization.
This role is pivotal for the execution and delivery of our first game, with two more games already planned within the same franchise. As a Backend Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on new projects that will enhance the user experience in our Web3 games.
We are mainly based in Sweden, France, and Germany, but you can work remotely from anywhere close enough to our time zone.
As a Backend Engineer you’ll get to:
- Develop features and improvements to the game, the platform, and the data pipeline in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team and propose and implement solutions.
- Ship features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members.
We expect you to achieve this through:
- Excellent coding skills, clear understanding of design patterns and various programming paradigm
- Feeling comfortable working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process.
- Owning features and systems that you have designed end-to-end.
- An inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility.
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Being self-motivated and self-managing, with excellent organizational skills.
Your experience should include:
- 3+ in backend development, preferably in Typescript/Node, Java or Rust
- 3+ years of experience in cloud development, preferably AWS
What you’ll love about Trailblazer:
- At Trailblazer we have an open environment with a flat hierarchy that makes it easy to communicate with all parts of the team.
- You’ll be part of shaping the future of gaming, by being at the cutting edge of development.
- The team is working fully remotely.
- You’ll join an environment with a highly motivated and experienced team.
- We offer a competitive compensation package.
- High upside potential through additional compensation options in tokens.
- Elite Game Developers podcast